King Air Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2020, 09:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Don't forget to register - otherwise you might miss a couple of interesting things in boards available to registered users only.
1803 Posts in 340 Topics by 828 Members
Latest Member: polla.engelbrercht
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  King Air Forum
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Cockpit Building
| | |-+  Ron Duckworth king air tutorials
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ron Duckworth king air tutorials  (Read 1789 times)
ronski

« on: April 01, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

Hi all,

Great forum,  my name is Ron Duckworth,  some have linked my old King Air tutorials here and elsewhere.  I just wanted to inform those who have used them to build a cockpit.
Firstly, they were done nearly 20 years ago,  and as stated they were built around and to promote the range of panels made by Flightdecksolutions.  sadly, they discontinued and focused on airline types.

The few measurements given on the construction of the main MIP box were to suit the FDS panels and were not exact (real) sizes. mainly to use the old 4:3 monitors to display gauges.
 Today, we have great stuff from Ruscool.  I have had a few emails from some, who said the Ruscool switch panels do not fit when using my old sizes.  They then had to remake the MIP box.

For example;  the width is given about 1220mm (from memory). Now, if you use the panels from Ruscool, the width should be about 1350mm.  
So please be aware when planning to build.  Ruscool can provide detailed plans with all sizes for their panels.  Use my old stuff as a guide only.

I have done a few King Airs since,  changed many things, now use custom Aspen screens and flight illusion gauges.  It surprised me the old tutorials were still circulating.
not sure how to put a picture here, maybe attach.  First hook up of lighting,  needed some dimmers installed.

All the best,

Ron.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:11:14 AM by ronski » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: